Medical Office Assistant Diploma
Be job-ready in less than a year with our medical administration course.
Medical Office Assistants Diploma prepares you for administrative, clerical and front-desk jobs in health care and other offices.
Our courses in Brampton (close to Mississauga and Toronto), Ontario teach core skills to prepare for jobs like Medical office secretaries, Medical receptionist, Medical transcriptionist, Medical office assistants and Medical office administrators.
This course is perfect for you, if you:
- Are preparing for a secure career
- Wish to upgrade your skills for a better job
- Are laid off
- Want to have a 2nd career
- Are new to Canada and need to start a career
- Are tired of working in the Labor market
Medical Office Assistants Diploma Information
Join this course to be qualified for medical office administration jobs in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, and anywhere else in Canada.
Course Name: Medical Office Assistants Diploma
Duration: 47 weeks (including 240 hrs of practical training)
NOC Code: 1243 (Medical Administrative Assistant and Medical Office Assistant) and 1414 (Medical Receptionist)
Course type: Diploma
Campus: Brampton, ON
Medical Office Assistants Diploma Highlights
If you wish to work in a doctor’s office, in Medical office administration, or in clerical jobs in hospitals or any other office, then join Medical Office Assistants Diploma offered by Queenswood College.
- Get Medical diploma in less than a year
Our course is a 47-week long program. In this time period, you are taught skills required to independently administer any office, medical or otherwise.
- 240 hours of hands-on training at Doctor’s office
The college will arrange your practical training at a doctor’s office. This hands-on learning can even count as work experience to make you job-ready.
- 2nd career funding accepted
We accept 2nd career funding. Therefore, if you’re planning to move to a second career, then our Medical office administration course is a good option for you.
- Be job-ready!
With hands-on training, valuable office administration skills and industry skills taught through our medical assistant diploma, you are made ready to take up administrative jobs in the health-care industry.
- Apply for jobs
After the completion of the medical office administration program with us, you can apply for jobs like:
– Medical Office Administration jobs
– Medical Receptionist jobs
– Medical Office Assistant jobs / Health office assistant jobs
– Medical Transcriptionist jobs
– Hospital Patient Registration Clerk jobs
– Medical Billing Clerk jobs
– Medical Secretary jobs
– Administrator/Receptionist jobs in Any Office
- Who can do this course? (Admission Requirements)
OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or equivalent or mature student (of at least 18 years of age) who has successfully completed Ministry approved qualifying test from the college.
To take the qualifying test, call: +1 905-872-0088
Modules covered – Medical Office Assistant Course
The modules covered in this medical office administration diploma will train you on core skills required for any administrative job.
Here’re the medical office courses we cover in the diploma:
- Microsoft Office: Learn how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Such knowledge prepares you to work in any office environment with ease.
- English Fundamentals: Learn the first language of Canada. Learn English grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, paragraph structure, reading, and writing skills.
- Business Communications: Learn to communicate effectively with your employers and clients. Write emails, give interviews and send proposals with confidence.
- Keyboarding: It’s important to type with speed and accuracy to be able to deliver the right quality of work within tight timelines.
- Simply Accounting: Knowledge of computerized accounting will help you manage office accounts for any office administration.
- Soft Skills, CPR and First Aid: These critical yet simple skills can help you save someone’s life by offering immediate assistance in case of health emergencies in your medical office or outside.
- Medical Office Administration: With our medical office assistant course, learn to manage the front desk, clerical activities and other administrative processes and procedures at a health office. Learn about booking appointments and suggested patient flow; record management; accounting; healthcare billing; hospital records, reports and requisitioning; meeting organization; ordering procedures; and medical legal issues.
- Medical Terminology Course: With our Medical terminology course, learn about medical terminology, pharmacology, diseases, and human anatomy to be able to understand, record and communicate medical information with accuracy. Through our interactive teaching methods, learn relevant terms for real-life medical environments by understanding about the latest technology, medical procedures, and treatments.
- Medical Transcriptionist Course: The medical transcriptionist course teaches transcription techniques to be able to understand and create medical documents that are accurate. The documents must show medical necessity and correspond to reimbursement, and the demand by hospitals for quality reports.
- Patient Management System: It’s important to keep medical data organized. Learn how to use a patient management system to keep data in order at your place of work. The medical billing course, Ontario helps you maintain billing records as per the guidelines from the Ontario Ministry of Health.
- Practicum (240 Hrs): Get hands-on training at a doctor’s office arranged by the college and be job-ready. This practical training is a part of the Medical Office Assistant Diploma. Students will become familiar with real-life job duties and challenges.This will help them become high-performance employees in any office.
Book Meeting for Free Consultancy
New to Canada? Need career counselling? Contact us: +1 905-872-0088