Personal Support Worker Certificate
If you want to work in health care industry then this is the good program for you to get your job ready in less than 6 months. (25 weeks) It includes 310 hours practicum.
- PSW Program prepares you for health care industry jobs.
- Our courses in Brampton (close to Mississauga and Toronto), Ontario teach core skills to prepare for PSW jobs.
Personal Support Workers (PSW’S) in demand. They assist with the tasks of daily living in Long-term care facilities, home care settings, retirement homes, supportive housing, group homes, adult day programs, hospitals.
Some of the personal support workers’ activities include providing their clients with personal care and hygiene, assisting clients with their medications, meal preparation, household and family management restorative activities
This course is perfect for you, if you:
Wish to upgrade your skills for a better job
Are laid off
Want to have a 2nd career
Are new to Canada and need to start a career
Are tired of working in the Labor market
Personal Support Care
Home Support Worker
1. Healthcare and Applied Legislation
2. Personal Support Worker Foundations
3. Collaborative Relationships; Interprofessional Teams
4. Health Promotion Strategies
5. Interpersonal Communications
6. Basic Assessment Techniques
7. Environmental Safety
8. Human Development and Support
9. Assisting with Medications
10. Household Management Tasks
11. Family and Client Care Fundamentals
12. Elder Abuse
13. End-of-Life Care Strategies
14. Cognitive and Mental Health (includes GPA)
15. Clinical Placement (Community 110 hours)
16. Clinical Placement (Facility 200 hours)
Additional requirements for Diploma in PSW Students:
- Completed Immunization form Form within 30 days of start of the program.
- Police check (Vulnerable Sector Search) report submitted within 30 days of start of the program